About Casper Ruud
I was born December 22nd 1998 in Norway. I am righthanded and started playing tennis at the age of 4 and my home club is Snarøya Tennisclub. I started my professional career in 2016.
Casper made his mark from a young age.
When he captured the Osaka Mayors Cup in Osaka, Japan he started the 2016 season as the world #1 ranked junior. Shortly after he won his first professional title at the Paguera, Spain Futures February 2016.
Casper’s first breakthrough on the ATP Tour came in September 2016 when he won his first career ATP Challenger in Seville. With his win, Casper became the 5th youngest player to ever win a Challenger title!
Regarded as one of the best young talents on the ATP Tour, Casper took the tennis world by storm in February 2017 by making the semi-finals of the ATP 500 level Rio Open in Rio de Janeiro. On his way to the semi-finals, Casper beats two top-100 players and held a match point in the semi’s against a top 30 player.
Casper joins the RNA family at the The Rafa Nadal Academy.
In 2018 he continues to play the challenger tour with some good results. In the fall of 2018 Casper and his team startes a collaboration with The Rafa Nadal Academy in Mallorca.
He also qualifies for three grand slams and winning first round in Australian Open and French Open. He ends the year as ATP #112.
In 2019 he reaches semis in ATP 500 Rio and ATP 250 in Sao Paulo and moves on to reach his first final in ATP 250 in Houston. He qualifies into ATP Masters 1000 Rome and reaches third round. In French Open he reaches third round were he loses to Federer.
Moving on to the hardcourt he reaches the quarterfinal in St Petersburg and qualifies to Masters 1000 Paris and to the Nextgen ATP Finals. He ends 2019 as ATP #54.
- 23 (22.12.1998)
- Turned Pro
- 80 kg
- 183 cm
- Oslo, Norway
- Caroline & Charlotte
- Head coach
- Christian Ruud
- Pedro Clar Rosselló
- Joachim Bjerke
- Fitness coach
- Marcel da Cruz
- Physical Therapist
- Alexander Brun
- Technical analysis
- Øivind Sørvald
- Venke Aure
- Marijn Bal
- Lele Ruud
Casper has a very promising career ahead. He is one of the best young stars of the sport.
— Mundo Deportivo
In 2020 he starts the year in ATP Cup in Perth by beating Isner (ATP #18) and Fognini (ATP #12) breaking into top 50.
In the South American swing he wins his first title in Buenos Aires ATP 250 and becomes the first Norwegian to win an ATP title and he reaches his career high of ATP #34 and the highest ranked Norwegian player in history.
- Semi-finalist in Rome, ATP Masters 1000
- Finalist Miami, ATP Masters 1000
- Winner Buenos Aires, ATP 250
- Semi-finalist Nitto ATP finals, Torino
- Winner San Diego ATP 250
- Winner Laver Cup, Team Europe
- Winner Kitzbühel ATP 250
- Winner Gstaad ATP 250
- Winner Båstad ATP 250
- Winner Geneva ATP 250
- Semi-finalist in Madrid, Masters 1000
- Semi-finalist in Munich, ATP 250
- Semi-finalist in Monte Carlo, Masters 1000
- Fourth round in Australian Open
- Semi-finalist Rome, ATP Masters 1000
- Third round in US Open
- First ATP title Buenos Aires ATP 250
- Third round in Roland Garros, Paris Open (Grand Slam)
- Third round in Rome, ATP Masters 1000
- Finalist in Houston, ATP 250
- Semi-finalist in Sao Paulo, ATP 250
- Quarter-finalist in Rio Open, ATP 500
- First round maindraw, US Open (Grand Slam)
- Second round maindraw, French Open (Grand Slam)
- Second round maindraw, Australian Open (Grand Slam)
- Semi-finalist in Rio Open, ATP 500
- World #1 ranked Junior player
Career High Singles Ranking: #2